Project HB is an award winning blog and fitness review site, founded by Carly Wilko in 2013. Carly qualified as a fitness instructor in 2017. She is a health & fitness blogger and influencer, a body-positive feminist, an advocate for realistic health and fitness for women, and fledgeling public speaker. Carly moved to Bristol in 2016, after 10 years in London.
* * *
Hi! I am Carly and this is indeed Project HB. Since the Project began, I’ve been lucky enough to collaborate with fitness brands, produce and host pop-up classes, workshops and events, and received invitations to speak on panels on the subjects of feminism, confidence, body image and female empowerment. Please contact me if you’d like to discuss working with me!
Here’s a list of publications I’ve contributed towards or featured in, brands I’ve collaborated with and events and projects I’ve executed or been involved in. More detail around certain events is available here.
- “I took control of my life with exercise” – Balance Magazine | April 2017
- “I was leading a peaceful army” – Bristol 24/7 | February 2017
- “Thousands of women march in UK cities…” – The Telegraph | January 2017
- “A million march for women’s rights across the world” – ITV News | January 2017
- “Women march in Bristol against President Trump” – Bristol 24/7 | January 2017
- “Hell hath no fury…” – Daily Mail| January 2017
- “Eating dirty & hating hot yoga” – The Deliciously Stella Podcast | February 2016
- “Why I Yoga” – &Breathe Yoga | February 2016
- “London’s Best Outdoor Yoga Classes” – The Londonist | August 2014
- Clothing ambassador for two brands; Bella Kinesis and Yogangster. Read more about these brands and my ambassadorships with them, here.
- Speaker at “Take Up Space” – a day curated by Bristol Women’s Voice to celebrate International Women’s Day 2017 at M-Shed Bristol.
- Speaker on a panel at “Toast: Empowering Conversations” – a morning curated by Bromley by Bow Centre on International Women’s Day 2017, to speak about being bold as part of a Beyond Business entrepreneurship programme, supported by Investec.
- Women’s March on Bristol – planned and executed Bristol’s peaceful, positive march in 72 hours from my kitchen table, as part of the global movement on 21st Jan ’17. The march was featured in national and international publications including The Guardian, The Telegraph, The Daily Mail, Bristol 24/7, ITV News, The Bristol Post, The Sun and BBC Points West News. (With huge gratitude to Kelly Pike at Folk PR).
- Co-founded Female Empowerment Network Bristol in response to the demand following the hugely successful Women’s March on Bristol.
- Consulted on social media and marketing for a high profile yoga studio, Bristol
- Consulted on social media, events and marketing for a high profile gym, Bristol
- Planned and hosted BodyHAPPY, a Confidence pop-up event at Printworks Kitchen, London (showcasing Fitology, The Viking Method, Amy Newton PT and Dietitian Fee)
- Planned & co-hosted “3/60 Challenge” for boutique studio FitMiBody, London (co-hosted with Elizabeth Kerr)
- Co-founded and led “probably the happiest running club in London“.”Run Like a Girl” was launched to promote community & build brand awareness, London (co-host Bella Kinesis)
- Planned & co-hosted “Yoga For Every Body” class at Yotopia, London (co-hosted with &Breathe Yoga)
- Planned & co-hosted “Sweat Like a Girl”, a hot yoga class at Hot Yoga Society, London (co-hosted with Bella Kinesis)
- Sell-out Sunset Sessions series, as featured in Time Out London and named one of “London’s best outdoor yoga classes” in The Londonist (co-hosted with Lucyoga)
- Planned and hosted “Real Girls Sweat Fitness Workshop“, London (showcasing Frame Studios, Claire Stone Nutrition, Boxing Yoga and Lucyoga)
- Planned and co-hosted Fitness Holiday, London/Southampton (co-hosted with Form Fitness)
- Planned and hosted Fitness Five Challenge, Victor’s Lab, London
- Planned and co-hosted “be local. be Islington” class (showcasing Boxing Yoga as part of a Lululemon community initiative), Lululemon Islington Showroom, London
I’ve got a keen understanding of what’s current in the UK fitness scene, I’m a qualified fitness instructor and I understand the language of empowering and inspiring women, particularly around the areas of wellness, fitness and body confidence.