Project HB is an award winning blog and fitness review site, founded by Carly Wilko in 2013. Carly qualified as a fitness instructor in 2017. She is a health & fitness blogger and influencer, a body-positive feminist, an advocate for realistic health and fitness for women, and public speaker on body image. Carly moved to Bristol in 2016, after 10 years in London.
* * *
Hi! I’m Carly, and WOW has this thing grown since it started I’m 2013! Over the years, I’ve been lucky enough to collaborate with fantastic brands, produce and host fitness events, feature in national and international press articles and speak on panels on the subjects of confidence, body image and female empowerment. Oh yeah and I single-handedly organised the 2000-strong Women’s March in Bristol in three (frantic!) days back in January 2017, because… Feminism.
Please contact me if you’d like to discuss working together!
Here’s a list of press, features and projects. More detail around certain events available here.
- “Burpees in the Bearpit” – Bristol 24/7 | July 2017
- “Interview: The Very Sassy Project Hot B*tch” – Stretch Your Zone Bristol | July 2017
- “Fitness & Fun in the Bearpit” – Good News, Bearpit Bristol | June 2017
- “4 badass fit women on instagram right now” – DOSE | June 2017
- “I took control of my life with exercise” – Balance Magazine | April 2017
- “I was leading a peaceful army” – Bristol 24/7 | February 2017
- “Thousands of women march in UK cities…” – The Telegraph | January 2017
- “A million march for women’s rights across the world” – ITV News | January 2017
- “Women march in Bristol against President Trump” – Bristol 24/7 | January 2017
- “Hell hath no fury…” – Daily Mail | January 2017
- “Eating dirty & hating hot yoga” – The Deliciously Stella Podcast | February 2016
- “Why I Yoga” – &Breathe Yoga | February 2016
- “London’s Best Outdoor Yoga Classes” – The Londonist | August 2014
- Clothing ambassador for two brands; Bella Kinesis and Yogangster. Read more about these brands and my ambassadorships with them, here.
- Speaker and workshop facilitator at the “Body Positive Cafe” event run by Dr. Jessica Alleva and colleagues, from University of West England’s Centre for Appearance Studies, October 2017.
- Speaker at “Take Up Space” – a day curated by Bristol Women’s Voice to celebrate International Women’s Day 2017 at M-Shed Bristol.
- Speaker on a panel at “Toast: Empowering Conversations” – a morning curated by Bromley by Bow Centre on International Women’s Day 2017, to speak about being bold as part of a Beyond Business entrepreneurship programme, supported by Investec.
- Women’s March on Bristol – planned Bristol’s peaceful, positive political march in 72 hours from my kitchen table, as part of the global movement on 21st Jan ’17. Arranged logistics for an estimated 2,000 attendees, and led and addressed the peaceful, historical march on the day itself. We featured in national and international publications including The Guardian, The Telegraph, The Daily Mail, Bristol 24/7, ITV News, The Bristol Post, The Sun and BBC News. (With huge gratitude to Kelly Pike at Folk PR).
- Co-founded Female Empowerment Network Bristol along with Polly Shelton-Lowe, following the hugely successful Women’s March on Bristol – 2017
- Co-founded and led “probably the happiest running club in London“.”Run Like a Girl” was launched to promote community & build brand awareness, London (co-founders and co-hosts Bella Kinesis) – 2015/16
- Consulted on strategy, social media and marketing for Wild Wolf’s Yoga, Bristol – 2017 (info on request)
- Consulted on social media, events and marketing for a high profile gym, Bristol – 2016 (info on request)
Pop-ups & Events
- Planned and hosted BodyHAPPY, a Confidence pop-up event at Printworks Kitchen, London (showcasing Fitology, The Viking Method, Amy Newton PT and Dietitian Fee) – 2016
- Planned & co-hosted “3/60 Challenge” for boutique studio FitMiBody, London (co-hosted with Elizabeth Kerr) – 2016
- Planned & co-hosted “Yoga For Every Body” pop-up at Yotopia, London (co-hosted with &Breathe Yoga) – 2015
- Planned & co-hosted “Sweat Like a Girl”, pop-up at Hot Yoga Society, London (co-hosted with Bella Kinesis) – 2015
- Planned & co-hosted sell-out Sunset Sessions rooftop yoga series, featuring in Time Out London and named one of “London’s best outdoor yoga classes” by The Londonist (co-hosted with Lucyoga) – 2014
- Planned and hosted “Real Girls Sweat Fitness Workshop“, London (showcasing Frame Studios, Claire Stone Nutrition, Boxing Yoga and Lucyoga) – 2014
- Planned and co-hosted Fitness Holiday, London/Southampton (co-hosted with Form Fitness) – 2014
- Planned and hosted Fitness Five Challenge, Victor’s Lab, London – 2014
- Planned and co-hosted “be local. be Islington” pop-up (showcasing Boxing Yoga as part of a Lululemon community initiative), Lululemon Islington Showroom, London – 2013
I’ve got a keen understanding of what’s current in the UK fitness scene, I’m a qualified fitness instructor and I understand the language of empowering and inspiring women, particularly around the areas of wellness, fitness and body confidence.